This spicy doll is hanging off our bookshelf so the morning sun’s rays hit her, warm her up, and put off a wonderfully smelling aroma. I used my favorite seasonal spices for her- cinnamon, cloves, and orange peel.
small cinnamon broom ($.99 from Trader Joes)
dried citrus peel
muslin (about 7″x9″)
wool or yarn
little bit of stuffing or wool
1. Place the cloves, peel, and a the wool stuffing in the center of the muslin.
2. Place muslin around the top of the broom and tie tightly to form the neck.
3. Tie the cinnamon stick by making an x form with the twine.
4. Cut 2 very small holes in the head and place a clove in each for the eyes.
5. Draw a simple smile.
6. Glue on the wool or yarn for the hair and tie twine to make pigtails.
Then hang your cinnamon spice girl in a sunny spot to spice up the room.