twig easels and dragonflies- outdoor challenge

I have a little twig decor to share today.

Twig Easels

I received some wonderful art from a favorite blogger friend and Etsy artist last week.  Andrea is a fellow nature lover and has an amazing way to illustrate what she sees and how she feels in nature. I needed a way to display her art properly and knew using nature was a must so I came up with these little twig easels. All you need to make them are twigs and glue (or tiny nails).

Using 3 twigs, glue (or nail) the “A” shape of the easel together.

Then, glue the fourth twig to the back which makes the third leg of a tripod shape. Let it dry and it’s ready for display.

I think this is such a cute way to display Andrea’s art!
*Please visit any of the following links to see more of Andrea and her amazing art- cider & faun,   believing nature, littlebighead etsy shop

Twig Dragonflies

The little ladies had to join in the fun and made dragonflies from twigs. They thought maple seeds were just too fitting for dragonfly wings.

We tied them onto a stick to make a mobile that is hanging in the kitchen.

Now to go and get those little ladies inside for their showers, then to bed!

The Outdoor Challenge Participant of the day- Cara and her son Bugsy, of Oakbee Farm, went on a dragon hunt the other day and found this beautiful creature-

Visit the other Great Outdoor Challenge players- 157 so far! It’s never too late to join; people are still entering daily!

lisasanders, angelina, phyllis, sarah, christie, jennifer, debbie, dong dong, denise,luisa, joy, stephanie, cori, alex, dawn, kristen, catherine, tricia,becky, christy, ruth, kari, courtney,branflakes,jessica, renee, haiku,brynn, amy, clemencia, sherry, leslie, lise, renee, anet, jenn, marina, amy, ella, marcia, karen, beth,julie,kyndale,kelly,lizzie, eileen,ag, mari-ann, cindy, robin, nicole, debbie, julia, renee, anita,lisa, jenn, montessori, marita,jeannie, hallie, mandy, kangaroo, andrea, joey, carmen, teena, stephinie, gidget, elizabeth, emma, rosina, saminda, melissa, katie, becca, atouria, barbara, ariella,missy, elizabeth, sarah, eileen, lisa, stacy, jennifer, tulsileaf, lisa C, morticia, angela, rana,jamie,lisa c, luz, charley, heather, valerie, kirsten, rachel, annie, kendra, beth s, lindseymichelle, megan, jen, jenni, gabbyrenee,korina, linda, adventurekerrs, laura, melissa, eva, jenny, amber, deb, wendy, courtney, shanti, msrev, kellyi, tammy, julia  , maureen,indigomum, andrea, mindy, becky, dawn, sarah,michelle, shelley, amber, nicole, cara, ginny, kris, tawnie, nancy, alex, kathi, ana, sarah m, stephanie, jen, dena, sharon, courtney, colleen, jillian, jennifer, amanda, desiree, vanchy, crystal, ashley ,

If you leave a link on the days you participate, I will know I have permission to share, for Outdoor Challenge Participant of the Day.

• Pingback: Get Crafty – June 2010 – Inspired by Nature « Redtedart's Blog

• April 28, 2010 - 9:52 am | Permalink

LOVE the twig art display…thank you for sharing!

• Pingback: Playful Picks: Good Stuff for Creating, Exploring, & Playing

• April 25, 2010 - 8:49 am | Permalink

We used to make these!!!!!!!!!!! When I was little. My little brother and I would make them whenever we got a postcard from somewhere interesting ( that counted everywhere beyond Devon, England where we live). We made them with garden twine and ours never worked awfully well as the twine made a lump at each end of the platform and the postcards would always slide off unless we got them on ‘just right’.
    Thank you so much for reminding me of those days, I think I will try some out with my own boys.

• April 23, 2010 - 11:56 pm | Permalink

My girls will have so much fun with these crafts! Thank you for sharing them.

• April 23, 2010 - 8:00 am | Permalink

the twig easels are awesome. We are making these soon. and the mobiles are cute too. Lord knows we have plenty seed pods laying around. And now we can do more with them than sticking them on our noses ;)
    thanks for introducing Andrea’s artwork. I am now a huge fan.

• April 22, 2010 - 1:59 pm | Permalink

This is just fantastic. What a great way to display art. I love those little dragonflies too.

• April 21, 2010 - 3:20 pm | Permalink

love those drawings@

I have dropped the ball with the outdoor play. The weather has been crazy around here lately and it’s made my allergies crazy. I did forget to snap a picture of my daughter playing outside to! Maybe a walk is in order to the creek.

• April 21, 2010 - 11:32 am | Permalink

This is so wonderful! What a great way to set up drawing, painting, and artistic expression. I love this, I really need to work with the kids on making these. THANK YOU for sharing this.

• April 21, 2010 - 1:12 am | Permalink

Love the twig easels. And that owl drawing is too cute!

• April 20, 2010 - 8:41 pm | Permalink

beautiful dragonflies!
    we had a beautiful day at a new-to-us park. it was gorgeous, not only a playground park, but lots of nature with trees, a creek, a swamp, and the beach and lake!

• April 20, 2010 - 6:08 pm | Permalink

I love these ideas. You guys are having way to much fun over there.

• April 20, 2010 - 4:25 pm | Permalink

Love the easles. I think we will be making some of these soon. We headed out today on bikes. You can take a peek here: http://heartfelthomemaking.blogspot.com/2010/04/get-out-and-ride.html

• April 20, 2010 - 3:02 pm | Permalink

Must make those easels!!! I just linked to you on my post about Nature Bracelets that we made in my classroom. Thanks for the inspiration!

• April 20, 2010 - 1:27 pm | Permalink

Ijust love these … the easels, the artwork, and the dragonflies!
    I finally posted just a few wildflower photos … still have others that I’ll get to sometime :) .

• April 20, 2010 - 1:10 pm | Permalink

Love the dragonflies!
    Snail races were held at our place yesterday . . .

• April 20, 2010 - 10:33 am | Permalink

You have such wonderful ideas for embracing nature! I love all you do!

• April 20, 2010 - 10:26 am | Permalink

I love the twig dragonflies! Decided to join in the fun this week.

• April 20, 2010 - 10:21 am | Permalink

I really love the dragonflies. Adorable.

• April 20, 2010 - 8:46 am | Permalink

We haven’t missed a day since we started! It has been a blast :) My husband has been getting in on the fun too!
    Adamandtawniewest.blogspot.com

• April 20, 2010 - 8:38 am | Permalink

Oh, these are the sweetest ideas. Can’t wait to try them.

• April 20, 2010 - 8:03 am | Permalink

Love those twig easels – what a perfect way to display art on a nature table. Cute dragonflies too! We love making “nature art” here; thank you for some new ideas.

• April 20, 2010 - 7:24 am | Permalink

Perfect easel art idea! Am going to make them, thank you for the inspiration, x

Katie, x

• April 20, 2010 - 3:32 am | Permalink
  • April 20, 2010 - 3:11 am | Permalink

These easels are fabulous !
    And everyone should definitely own some Art by Andrea’s.
    She’s my sweet friend and one of my favourite Etsy artists, too !
    x x x
    ___m___

• April 20, 2010 - 2:48 am | Permalink

I just love your creativity!!

• April 20, 2010 - 2:29 am | Permalink

Cute idea to make easels with twigs :) We’ve got some mini ones similar to that that we made a couple of years ago that I put some of the kids water color paintings on during the year. I love displaying their artwork :)

We had fun today munching on lettuce from the garden but quickly found out that we weren’t the only ones munching on it!

• April 20, 2010 - 1:41 am | Permalink

p.s. i love the mobile idea too!

• April 20, 2010 - 1:40 am | Permalink

lisa, i couldn’t think of a more perfect way to put those cards up. i am so thrilled by this post!!! nat and i have collect twigs all the time (just the other day, nat, much like your lovely ladies, said we should make stick bugs out of sticks). twig easels, so brilliant brilliant brilliant!! we have to make these now…
    big hearts to you and your girls ♥

• April 20, 2010 - 12:42 am | Permalink

Love the dragonflies and the mobile! Great ideas.

• April 20, 2010 - 12:13 am | Permalink

I’ve had so much fun with this challenge! Today we went ladybug hunting in a field of wildflowers!

The dragonfly mobile is so cute – definitely filing that one away for a future project

• April 19, 2010 - 11:52 pm | Permalink

Pretty art, clever easels!

I blogged about our outdoor walk last week–although we love our walks, this one was a bit unusual for us:

so fun to see what everyone is up to~

• April 19, 2010 - 11:29 pm | Permalink

Oooh, love these! Especially the little dragonflies!

We gardened.

Becca

• April 19, 2010 - 11:29 pm | Permalink

I love both your ideas for twigs! What a fabulous way to bring nature indoors.

We had a pretty simple, but very nice day today… http://urbancottagehomeschool.blogspot.com/2010/04/great-outdoor-challenge-monday_19.html

• April 19, 2010 - 11:16 pm | Permalink

OOOH! Love the easels! That’s such a fabulous idea! I already have a ton of little twigs collected so I will have to work on this to display my little artists work in our entry way!

We played outside today! http://4get-regret.blogspot.com/2010/04/mud-pies-and-water-fun.html

• April 19, 2010 - 11:11 pm | Permalink

Oh that easel is perfect. I so need to try that the next time I collect sticks. And the little ladies came up with adorable dragon flies too — you’ve clearly passed on the crafty gene.

• April 19, 2010 - 10:39 pm | Permalink

Those easels are great! And Andrea’s art is so whimsical….
    Here’s our latest activities.

• April 19, 2010 - 10:31 pm | Permalink

The twig crafts are very creative!

• April 19, 2010 - 9:54 pm | Permalink

I love the ideas you share here. Those twig easels are so cute, and so is the dragonfly mobile! My son was looking over my shoulder and wants to make dragonflies now.

• April 19, 2010 - 9:49 pm | Permalink

I love the dragonflies–so, so cute!!!

• April 19, 2010 - 9:35 pm | Permalink

Stick easels! <>

• April 19, 2010 - 9:37 pm | Permalink

uh…what did I do? That was supposed to say “love” where that weird symbol is. lol

• April 19, 2010 - 9:21 pm | Permalink

Oh, I love the art! How beautiful. I think I’m definitely going to have to make a few of those easels for an early Mother’s Day gift to myself. ;-)

Thank you for the link! Today’s post is here…

• April 19, 2010 - 9:19 pm | Permalink

we will definitely be making those dragonflies tomorrow!! what a sweet idea!

• April 19, 2010 - 9:13 pm | Permalink

I love those easels; thanks for the idea!

• April 19, 2010 - 8:37 pm | Permalink

just posted ours for the day …its BIG!
    I LOVE the dragonflys..

• April 19, 2010 - 8:36 pm | Permalink

I love those easels!

We spent some time peering into tide pools today.

April 19, 2010 - 8:30 pm | Permalink

Andrea those are beautiful!!!!!!!