Our spring baskets are going to be full of monster eggs! I meant to share this post earlier in the week, but time has really gotten away from me lately! However, I think they are so cute they can be made any time of the year. ;o
Originally, I saw this idea in an Usborne book, we just changed it up a bit to make them our own.
Here’s how we made the monsters-
1. We carefully cracked the egg, kept the yolk and whites for later cooking, and cleaned it.
2. We put a ball of clay in the egg to give the egg a wobble effect.
3. We glued the egg shells back together with white tissue paper and watered down glue (3 parts glue to 1 part water). Layered the paper right over the cracks. Let dry, then added more layers using brightly colored tissue paper.
4. After the layers were dry, we painted white eyes using acrylic paint.
5. Then using Sharpies, added the details of the faces.
We made a carton full of happy-faced monsters!
The clay ball inside each egg makes the monsters wobble!
I love the pink gal in the background, she is standing on her head!