Here is a great gentle oatmeal mask for those of us that have sensitive skin. I guarantee this will leave your face feeling clean, soft, and smooth. Again, like the oatmeal and sunflower scrub, these items are most likely in your kitchen and the mask only takes a few minutes to whip up. The honey contains anti-microbial properties to cleanse and rejuvenate the skin, the oatmeal is to put moisture back and soften, and the egg tightens the pores for a smoother complexion. Put all the benefits of each together and you have a wonderful mask for the skin.
1 tablespoon runny honey (warm honey that runs easily)
1 egg yolk
4 tablespoons fine ground oatmeal
1. Add the egg yolk to the honey and mix with a fork until well blended.
2. Slowly stir in the oatmeal a little at a time to make a soft paste.
3. Use immediately.
4. Smooth the mask onto your skin using your fingertips in a circular motion- this is a little messy, make sure you have a towel close at hand.
5. Put your feet up for 15 minutes while the oatmeal, egg, and honey do their softening magic on your skin.
6. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Fauna LOVES this oatmeal mask too, but don’t let this sweet (?) face fool you……….
she prefers to threaten and chase her sister around the house instead of putting her feet up for 15 minutes.
Be good to your skin!