I made this cute little bean bag puppy (bunny?) out of an old knit cotton skirt of Fauna’s, filled it with lentils, and the little ladies have a fun bean bag to toss back and forth to each other.
old shirt or fabric- enough for two 51/2 inch squares
lentils or rice
felt for the eyes, nose, and ears
needle and thread or sewing machine
puppy pattern pieces (click on the following pattern picture if you want to use my patterns)
1. Cut two 51/2 inch squares
2. Cut nose, eyes and ears out of felt or other contrasting fabric.
3. Sew nose and eyes onto both pieces of felt. Make sure you sew them on opposite sides, so when they are together the face will be make sense.
4. Position the ears, facing down, they will flip up after you have sewn the bean bag.
5. Put right sides together, ears tucked down, and stitch all the way around the bean bag, leaving an opening to turn the bean bag and add lentils. I left the lower right corner open.
6. Turn the bean bag right side out and stuff with lentils or rice. Stuff it about 2/3 full.
7. Whip stitch the opening closed and there you have it- cute little bean bag friends made just for tossing.
*Please let me know if you have trouble downloading the patterns, this is the first time providing them this way. Enjoy!